Lewinson Arts goal is to spread art all over the world, in the page Amigos a los que les gusta Lewinson Art, every month chooses an artist to interview, in June 2019 Slawomir J Malczewski was choosen, for the quality and beauty of his art works, congratulations.
1. Where are you from?
I am from Poland, from Warsaw
2. In your artistic life what interesting experiences have you had?
An interesting experience awaits me. I am a landscape architect. I am 58 years old and I have just been admitted to the Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź, so I will be a student again.
3. What interests you to express in your art work?
My own point of view.
4. Do you have a special style?
A terrible question. I only know that when I quickly look at various tasks in different groups on fb then I see that my paintings do not match the other works.
5. Have you had an exhibition that you consider the most important or interesting, for some reason?
I'm painting the third year. I will have an exhibition when I'm ready.
6. What are your favorite artists and why?
Gauguin, consistent, uncompromising, focused on his art, unclassifiable.
7. Do you want to transmit some message with your work?
I think I am more interested in understanding myself than giving my work a special mission.
8. What does art mean in your life?
I will know at the end of my life, unless I die before without knowing the answer.
9. Which techniques do you like to work with?
I'm working on acrylic, because 3 years ago I accidentally got such paints. I like this technique because it is clean, simple and fast.
10. What would you do to bring art closer to people?
Contemporary art, as Gauguin dreamed, "today he has the courage to do everything" and is more interested in himself than the recipient. It needs more and more sophisticated and prepared recipients. But does it need more recipients? I do not know. Maybe he needs time, today Impressionists or Fowiści do not shock everyone, but hardly anyone remembers about popular academic painters.