Petar Darkovski was selected in the page Amigos a los que les gusta Lewinson Art, to be interviewed,for the beauty of his art works, so here is what he answered
1. Where are you from?
I am an artist from Bulgaria.
2. In your artistic life, what interesting experiences have you had?
Making art is an interesting and unusual experience by itself – every painting contains thoughts and knowledge. A whole new, individual and remarkable world is created.
3. What interests you to express in your art work? My art work represents my ideas. It is everything that thrills me – as impression and contemplation.
4. Do you have a special style?
I have developed my own individual and recognizable style – decorative and two-dimensional – which expresses my emotions.
5. Have you had an exhibition that you consider the most important or interesting, for some reason?
Besides my independent exhibitions, I have participated in several Bulgarian national exhibitions. The most important exhibition for me, however, was the one dedicated to 100 years of the founding of the Union of Plovdiv Artists in 2012. Plovdiv is the so called Bulgarian cultural capital and I participated alongside 300 other artists, members of the Union, some of them being recognized as Bulgarian classic artists.
6. What are your favorite artists and why?
My favorite artists are those with their very own, remarkable style.
7. Do you want to transmit some message with your work?
My work means dedication and commitment and the message I want to transmit is the meaning of beauty.
8. What does art mean in your life?
The art is my life, meaning, purpose and value.
9. Which techniques do you like to work with?
I like working with oil paints on canvas but lately I have been tempted by the water color technique.
10. What would you do to bring art closer to people?
I would do everything in my powers.