Lewinson Arts goal is to spread art all over the world, in the page Amigos a los que les gusta Lewinson Art, every month chooses an artist to interview, in June 2022, Carlos G Scott was choosen, for the quality and beauty of his art works, congratulations.
1. Where are you from?
I was born in La Paz, Bolivia.
2. In your artistic life what interesting experiences have you had?
2. I have exhibited in various venues, galleries and art shows in New York and Florida. I have received over 200 awards from various art groups on Facebook.
3. What interests you to express in your art work?
3. I am very interested in impressionist and abstract art - that includes strong elements of texture and color. I also try to tap into my subconscious to create forms with movement and visual impact.
4. Do you have a special style?
4. I do have a style that is recognizable and it involves mixed media and digital techniques that are improvisational presented in various combinations making sure that the textures are visible - especially when you look at the detail. So in essence I try to create art that can be appreciated viewed from a distance as a whole as well as art that can also be viewed by enlarging and looking at different sections of the piece. Once I am able to satisfy those aspects I focus on color and textures to give the final touch. I have to mention an important factor in my creative process - the fact that I am actually color-blind.
Meaning that I see colors and especially shades in a different way. So when I create my art, I must do so to please my eyes - something that explains my unusual use of strong color combinations and contrasts relying on my own interpretations. Fortunately - those factors seem to result in pleasing many viewers that are not color blind. So, in essence I see it as a gift that sets my work apart and the feedback I receive certainly confirms that.
5. Have you had an exhibition that you consider the most important or interesting, for some reason?
5. The Art Basel event in Miami is always very important.
6. What are your favorite artists and why?
6. Pablo Picasso, Jackson Pollock, Georgia O’Keefe, Vincent Van Gogh, Rembrandt. As I mentioned before I a strongly oriented to impressionist and abstract art.
7. Do you want to transmit some message with your work?
7. No, I do not even like to name my art pieces because I prefer the viewer to make his or her own interpretation or impress.
8. What does art mean in your life?
8. It is a fundamental part of my life and has been since I retired from playing professional soccer in my younger days. My creativity was channeled into playing soccer and after that I needed a new outlet so I taught my self to paint with pastels and oil.
9. Which techniques do you like to work with?
9. As mentioned above my techniques are layered mixed media with/or digital techniques that I develops over the past few years.
10. What would you do to bring art closer to people?
10. I am actually doing that with my Facebook posts which sometimes results in 100 views over 2-3 days and involves several art groups. Other than that I am looking for opportunities to promote and sell my art in the hospitality industry - hotels, resorts, as well as office spaces.